Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brief note from Connor's mommy...

Shane has been awesome with all the updates, but I thought I'd just put a quick note here as well.

We just finished touch time with the little man and it was great. He had his eyes open most of the time and Shane checked his temperature again and I changed his diaper, which a very heavy one per the nurse. I know I'm biased, but I think he gets cuter every time we see him.

He's still a little jaundiced, but not to the level they need to do any light therapy. He is such a beautiful, precious gift from God and we feel so blessed to be his parents. I've never felt the kind of love I feel for this little boy. While we can't hold him right now, we know that Jesus has him in His arms and because of that, we have great comfort.

I'm sure there will be many times in my life where I'll have to run to Connor for whatever reason, but I pray that it won't be for the reason it was in the middle of the night. The things going through my head as I was sprinting down the hallway in my socks toward his bedside were some of the most frightening things I've ever thought, but luckily the skilled doctors and nurses took care of him. I'm so thankful that we were staying in the hospital again last night as I'm not sure how I would have survived driving here not knowing if our little man was going to make it or not.

Well, it's time to pump again. Hopefully one of these days we'll be able to do this the right way, but for now, every 3 hours I'll sit and contemplate and cry about how beautiful a blessing our son Connor is to us...

Thanks again for all the support and prayers from everyone. They really do help.

9 comments:

  1. You are THE most amazing and wonderful person I know. Your words make me cry tears of joy knowing that Connor is blessed with a VERY loving Mommy. All of our thoughts, prayers and love go out to you and we know that God will hold Connor until you are able too. Much love and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heidi....reading this post made me really cry too. Here I am sitting at MC following your blog waiting and checking for new updates. :)Imagining you running down the hall in your socks to the unkown status of Connor. I am sorry you and Shane are having to endure this, but you are right that Connor is in God's hands now. I will ask my Dad to tell God we are keeping him here but to keep his arms around him and give him strength - he's a fighter. Y'all are in my thoughts & prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking your updates often and my heart aches for all that you have gone through these past few days. You both are so strong and such loving parents. Connor is such a little miracle and God will keep and protect him in his loving arms.

    Sending love and prayers your way!
    Lynne DeSotel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, We haven't met, but your words brought tears to my eyes as I thought of the days I sat a little room by myself to collect milk for my baby girl while she was in ICU. I never thought she would be where she is now, a healthy, vibrant young woman working and independent. I am praying that Connor will continue to strengthen and grow and his little lungs will get stronger and stronger until you are able to hold him in your arms and nurse him as you would love to do. As Delana said, he is a fighter, and that will serve him well as he grows and becomes the man God has made him to be. You and Shane sounds like wonderful parents and I am lifting you both up to the Lord along with Connor.
    God bless you all,
    Karen Murray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi,
    I know it's been almost 10 yrs since we've seen one another, but I just want to let you know that I've been praying often for you, Shane, and Connor. A parent's love and strength for their child is unmatched. May the good Lord continue to guard Connor and grant you and your husband the patience and strength to get through these difficult days. I look foward to the day I read that you are taking that precious baby home where he belongs.
    God's richest blessings,
    Stacey (Mantey) Hill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi,

    Thank you for sharing some words with us. I can't imagine as a mother what you are going through right now but I know you've got lots of prayers surrounding you and that precious baby boy! I cried reading about you having to hurry to Connor in your socks, the moments when i have had to run to Elijah's aid where heart wrenching and scary even when i knew he would be ok, I can't imagine how much more scary it is for you in that situation! I pray you don't have to do that again! Thank you again for keeping us updated, you have been on my mind and in my heart non stop over the last 3 days! I will continue to pray for You, Shane and Baby Connor! God Bless!

    Jennifer Young

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a trip no parent should have to make. But you are so right that God and His angels are holding Connor right now! And He is holding you too! Don't forget to take care of yourself so you can take care of Connor! You are going to have a nice milk stash =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi ~ Thank you for sharing your story with baby Connor. Please know you are all in our prayers as you too wait for your miracle to happen. Trust in the Lord and know that you are being carried in his loving hands.
    Blessings for peace in our day and evenings.

    The Bena's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heidi, my heart is aching for you and Shane and Connor. You are in my thoughts constantly, which, thankfully, compels me to pray for you all constantly. I know, on a small scale, the fear and longing and helplessness and desperation you must feel. I pray that God gives you supernatural rest, renewal, strength, and assurance. And I pray for Connor's healthy development and bonding with you guys through all this and for his complete and quick recovery. And I echo your prayer that Jesus is holding him and bonding with him and giving him all the affection he needs while he's outside of your arms. Our son had complications after birth, and I found comfort in the same thoughts. (And on a side note--our daughter was three weeks early and weighed 6-12, also. That, too, has added to my burden for you.)

    Thank you guys for sharing the pictures. Connor is BEAUTIFUL, and you look BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait to meet you both.

    Love in Christ, Heidi Judy

    ReplyDelete