Brief update from Heidi before getting some rest tonight...
Both Shane and I were lucky enough to be able to hold our snuggly baby boy today for 1.5 hours each. I was able to at 5pm and Shane at 8pm. What an amazing end to an amazing day.
They call the skin to skin contact way of holding the baby kangaroo care because it's similar to how kangaroos carry their young. This type of holding promotes wonderful bonding between baby and parents. We are truly blessed and can't wait to hold our little kangaroo again and again and again. It's also so nice that Connor can actually cry now instead of having a lip quiver when he is sad. He hasn't cried a whole lot yet but when he does at least we can try to comfort him.
Can't wait to see him again tomorrow.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOVE THIS!!! :) Best news EVER!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Holding him is great for all of you.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!
ReplyDeleteHeidi, Shane, and Connor,
ReplyDeleteWhat a Blessing to read that you all were able to touch and bond with each other. Connor, I saw the pictures of you and I knew that you were a tough cookie. You are amazing. Your parents are amazing.
Heidi and Shane: thank you both for keeping us apprised of Connor's progress. What an amazing and beautiful family.
Praying for you all....Shannon W.
This is the best update yet! I am soo happy for the 3 of you! The pictures are beautiful. We will continue to pray and hope that he is home before the end of the week. Much love from the ladies at LHC
ReplyDelete